One of the best status updates I’ve seen on Facebook lately was a friend who said that her dinner was cereal eaten out of a vase. With a knife.
This is what moving does to people.
After my big move two weeks ago, my new kitchen is finally getting organized and feeling more put together. My cats have started to settle as well and life is feeling a tad more calm. Thank goodness.
My dinner remedy during times of chaos is always tacos. And, if you’re having an especially stressful week, it’s tempeh tacos to the rescue.
- 1 8-oz package of tempeh, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon (vegan) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch chile powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- freshly-ground pepper
- 8 medium (or 12 small) whole wheat or corn tortillas
- Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with Worcestershire sauce, Bragg’s liquid aminos, garlic, cumin, paprika, chile powder, and water. Add freshly ground pepper to taste if desired.
- Marinate tempeh overnight (or at least one hour). Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to a pan over medium heat and saute tempeh 3 – 5 minutes on each side until evenly browned and crisp.
- Heat tortillas, top with tempeh, and serve with toppings of your choice.