This soda starts with a simple rosemary tea made from boiling water with fresh sprigs of rosemary. I love the taste of rosemary in drinks, especially combined with a little sparking water and vanilla. Yum!
To make this “soda” sugar-free, I used vanilla stevia drops as a sweetener. If you prefer not to use stevia, then pure maple syrup or a little coconut sugar will also do the trick! If you are going this route, then you will need to add a vanilla bean when you boil the rosemary to infuse the vanilla flavor.
- 2 medium (about 3-inch) sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1.5 cups of (filtered) water
- 48 ounces sparkling water
- Vanilla stevia drops (to taste)
- Add rosemary and filtered water to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let steep for about 20 minutes.
- Remove rosemary sprigs then transfer to a glass jar and allow to cool in the refrigerator.
- Add about 2 - 4 tablespoons of rosemary tea to a glass with ice.
- Top with 8 ounces of sparkling water and add stevia or desired sweetener to taste.