- Family gatherings
- New Year’s Eve parties
- Any place you are in need of refreshment
- Your partner’s basketball game at the local community center
This spritzer is totally easy to make, but with a few lemon peel spirals it becomes uber-fancy and party-ready. All you need is some fresh ginger root, (filtered) tap water, sparkling water, and lemon and ice, if desired. You’ll start by boiling the ginger and tap water to make a concentrated ginger tea.
If you wanted, you could even stop after this step and just enjoy the tea. Ginger is wonderful for aiding digestion, nausea, and abdominal cramping. This tea is a bit spicy, but it is one of my favorite treats to have after dinner while eating dark chocolate.
Once you have your ginger tea ready, chill it until serving. Then mix your tea with sparkling water, add ice and lemon, and serve! I don’t typically sweeten mine, but you could easily add some agave syrup or stevia in if desired. If you are serving this for a crowd, then double or triple this recipe as neccessary. You can also adjust how strong you want the spritzer by adding more or less ginger. This spritzer is the perfect non-alcoholic refreshment for New Year’s and is a healthy, tasty treat that your body will enjoy as much as your taste buds. Cheers!
- one two-inch piece of fresh ginger root, chopped
- 1.5 cups of plain (filtered) water
- 16 oz sparkling water
- Lemon for garnish
- Bring water to a boil, add ginger, and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes - 1 hour. Drain tea and chill in the refrigerator until serving. Mix tea with sparkling water, add ice and garnish with lemon wedge or spiral.