- I updated our Netflix queue. I put all of my most favorite romantic comedies (i.e. your least favorite movies ever) at the top. They will be here on Friday.
- I rated 46 movies on Netflix so that it would provide the best suggestions for us whenever we log in. Of course, since I rated them, I gave 5 stars to movies that I love, like Eat Pray Love, 13 Going on 30, Julie and Julia, and My Best Friend’s Wedding. I am sorry that Netflix will now recommend items like Sweet November and Something Borrowed, instead of movies that you like. I am also sorry that I will most likely add these new recommendations to the top of the queue and delay your movies even longer.
- I was really dehydrated from all of that Netflix work so I drank some water. I found that I still felt a bit dehydrated so I made some fresh juice. I left all of the pulp sitting out on the counter and now the kitchen is attracting fruit flies. Whoops.
- I spent exactly 12 minutes petting a cat. I know this because that is how much time was left on the timer that was supposed to remind me to grab the laundy from the dryer. Instead, I turned off the timer and continued to pet the cat.
- I went on Etsy and found an awesome merchant that sells adorable puppy blazers and fancy white collars for cats. It looks like this cat is wearing a suit! So cute. I know that you hate the idea of dressing pets in clothes so I am hesitant to tell you that I ordered two for the cat’s Christmas gifts. Don’t hate me.
- I also read a bunch of articles about superfoods aiding in cancer prevention that were mentioned on Twitter. Even though I am certain that you don’t want to hear about this, I plan to tell you about all of it when you return home. Get ready.
- I oiled the wooden cutting board. It’s pretty now. So pretty that I would like you to refrain from using it. It is now reserved for blog photos only. Thanks.
I’ve been experimenting with different herbs in my smoothies recently and I really love the sweet pear and parsley combination in this one. (If you are new to green smoothies, check out some of my other recipes: Green Smoothie 101, Green Smoothie 2.0, and Kale Smoothie for Kids.) Nondairy milk or fresh juice can also be substituted for the water if you want to add a bit more flavor or sweetness. This is my favorite breakfast smoothie at the moment and the addition of flax seeds, protein powder (I use Omega pumpkin seed protein powder), and avocado make it more filling as well as delicious.
- 1½ cups water
- 2 cups greens (I used kale)
- ¼ cup herbs (parsley and cilantro both work great)
- 2 ripe pears, cored
- 1 frozen banana (remove the peel, cut into 1-inch slices, and freeze in a plastic bag overnight)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 Tablespoon flax seeds (optional)
- Protein powder (optional)
- ¼ avocado (optional)
- Blend water, greens, and herbs for 15 seconds - 1 minute (depending on your blender) on high. Then add the pear, banana, ice, flax seeds (if using), protein powder (if using), and avocado (if using) and blend for an additional 30 seconds - 1 minute.