I've mentioned here before that I am in the process of starting my own business. I will definitely have more to share with you all very soon, but in the meantime I am weeding my way through IRS tax tutorials and a plethora of website headaches. I thought it might be fun to take a break from my usual recipe posts to share with you a few lessons I am learning (and re-learning) in life right now.
- We all have to start somewhere. No one was born knowing everything.
- Be kind to yourself because you are your toughest critic.
- Know when to outsource. Sometimes takeout can be your friend.
- The best culinary inspiration doesn't always happen in the kitchen. It's important to step away and take breaks because breaks are what give us perspective.
- Be kind to others.
- Overeating does not relieve stress. It only results in bloating and a stomach ache.
- Laughter, good food and sun might just be the best medicine.
- Have compassion with yourself. We all make mistakes and mistakes are how we learn, grow, and do better next time.
- There are times when it's important to keep going. But there are also plenty of times when it's better to compost it and start over.
- The best things in life are free. But plenty of good things in life are worth paying for.
What life lessons are you learning right now?