Happy Mother's Day! Here's to all of the amazing women in our lives that give us so much! I don't know if you are in need of a cookie like I am, but here's one that's delicious and won't make you feel guilty for indulging in! I found this recipe on Healthy Endeavors and fell in love with it.
Ashley was momentarily excited that I had made cookies, but after a quick bite informed me that this was not, in fact, a cookie. I disagree. I think this is, in fact, exactly how cookies should taste. Sweet, but not over the top. Somewhere between chewy and crisp. And covered with dried coconut. These go amazing with tea and I swear you'll have to hold yourself back from eating a whole handful.
1 cup organic rolled oats
1 cup spelt flour
1 cup ground almonds
¼ cup shredded coconut
½ tsp. salt
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup agave nectar
½ cup canola oil
½ tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Mix the wet ingredients and stir into the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon.
4. Form 1” balls and place on an oiled cookie sheet, pressing the balls down with your fingers. (I also garnished a few with the shredded coconut.)
5. Bake for 12 minutes or until crispy.